Students with ASD may experience delays in developing age-appropriate social and emotional skills. Teachers need to identify their areas of need and develop specific plans and goals to support social-emotional development in the classroom.
Review the case study for Brian from the IRIS Center, then in 500-750 words complete the following:
- Summarize Brian’s past developmental and educational history.
- Summarize how ASD has affected him, including a discussion of strategies that have been successful.
- Create a plan to support Brian’s social-emotional needs at his current life stage. Focusing on his new job, provide two specific goals that can be used to help Brian be successful.
- Provide a rationale for the goals and specific strategies his family can use to support him.
- Describe three specific strategies and/or activities that can be used to support social-emotional skills for students with ASD in the inclusive classroom.
Support your explanations with 3-5 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric.