Week 2. The focus of this week is on exploring the various ways that MNEs are structured and the implications on IHRM practices and policies. We will also explore the role of IHRM practices and policies in regard to International Mergers and Acquisitions, International Joint Ventures, and International Alliances.
At the end of the week, students will know and be able to:
- Assess the elements of a comprehensive global HR strategy
- Evaluate the dimensions of international HRM
Readings and Resources:
- Readings from ebook (Links to an external site.):
- Chapter 3- Design and Structure of the Multinational Enterprise
- Chapter 4: International Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, and Alliances
The transformational power of multinational business | Colin Mayer | TEDxEastEnd (Links to an external site.)
The Quickwrite consists of 5 questions (answer each question in a complete paragraph 150-200 words):
- What terms were the most important concepts of this week’s lesson? Be sure to define any important terms in your own words.
- What was your muddiest point (that is, what did not make sense)? Identify at least one resource (outside of your textbook) that is scholarly/practitioner based and cite it in APA style that helps resolve this question.
- What would you like to know more about from this lesson, and why? Identify at least one resource (outside of your textbook) that is scholarly/practitioner based and cite it in APA style that helps resolve this question (this must be different from the source that you cite for the second question).
- How does this lesson relate to something you have already learned outside of this class?
- How might you apply the lesson to your present or future work experiences?