After reading the case study in Module 2, consider the following questions using the information from Jennie. Conduct an analysis that answers these questions:
- Analyze the data using the current IDEA criteria (you will have to find this online) and then reanalyze the case using the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD) framework (online as well). Explain how you analyzed each criteria and why the data from Jennie does or does not align with the criteria from each definition.
- Determine whether the classification as child with intellectual disability appears appropriate. Why or why not? How did you determine this?
Please submit a one-page analysis in response to the questions above. This analysis must be grounded in the case study. Assume that your audience is already familiar with the case, eliminating the need for background information. No need for any header information…begin your answer on line one of your page. There should be strict adherence to the 1 PAGE MAXIMUM.
The analysis will be graded on the basis of (10 points per item) :
- does the answer reflect familiarity with the case study-
- does the answer reflect knowledge and/or application of the concepts outlined in the reading
- Grammar/Technical components (including APA 7th edition guidelines)
- Adherence to assignment guidelines (length and formatting as directed)
ONLY ANSWER THE QUESTION(S) ASKED.
Learners with Mild Disabilities: A Characteristics Approach, Enhanced Pearson 5th Edition By Eileen B. Raymond Published by Pearson, p. 104-107. Copyright © 2017 ISBN-10: 0-13-382711-9; ISBN-13: 978-0-13-382711-8