As a principal, you must be able to evaluate a lesson and provide critical feedback using evidence from the lesson. After viewing the videos, “Content Knowledge” and “High Expectations,” select one to evaluate using your school’s formal teacher evaluation instrument.
In 500-750 words, address the following:
- Briefly explain the format of the evaluation tool from your school.
- Explain the video you selected and why.
- Explain the score you would give this teacher in the instruction (or equivalent) section of the tool. Use specific evidence from the observation.
- What positive feedback would you give this teacher? Use specific evidence from the observation.
- What constructive feedback would you give this teacher? Use specific evidence from the observation.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.