Read Brumfield (2015) Link to article: https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/18/us/virginia-school-shut-islam-homework/index.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and Wortheimer (2015) Link to article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/12/18/teaching-about-religion-in-public-schools-can-be-risky-but-its-worth-it/?utm_term=.f5026cfed131 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Write 2-4 well developed paragraphs addressing the following questions:
- What arguments could be made for and against the teacher’s actions?
- What arguments could be made for or against the decision to close the school?
- Given what you have learned regarding the legal implications of Religion in Schools, what actions would you have taken as the school leader?
- Do you feel religion has any place in public schools? If so, what?
2. Cite evidence for the course readings or other scholarly sources to support your statements. Use APA formatted citations and include an APA formatted reference section (as needed).