Visit a social service agency in your area and interview a social worker there. Please make sure the individual you interview has a degree in social work. There are many professionals with degrees in related fields who call themselves social workers but do not actually have a degree(s) in social work. The interview must take place at the social worker’s place of employment. You may not interview a social worker in private practice, a social worker at your place of employment, or a professional in a related field. I already visited the agency. Its called Pinnacle Treatment Center 12695 McManus Blvd bldg 2, Newport News, VA 23602.
- The presentation should cover:
- A description of the agency, including services offered
- The mission of the agency
- The clientele
- A social worker’s job activities and professional roles
- An explanation about what brought them to the field as well as their work history-The person I interviewed name is Zadia Hadi, BSW, QCM, QMHP-A. The Executive Director at Pinnacle Treatment Center in Newport News Virginia
- The salary range for social workers in that or similar agencies
- Opportunities for advancement
- Overall job satisfaction
- The agency’s organizational chart*
- The application of course resources
- Write a narrative transcript in the notes section of the slides.
*Note: You may create an organizational chart outlining major roles and hierarchy if the agency is not able to provide an organizational chart.